In order to volunteer at Gilbertsville Elementary School, you must obtain your Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance, your Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and the Federal Criminal History Record Report (fingerprinting) . Please bring the original documents into the GES Office. The office staff will make a photocopy and return the originals to you. These documents must be dated within ONE year in order for the school to accept them. If your clearances are older than one year, you will need to reapply for new clearances. All clearances are valid for five years.
Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance
The Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance Report is obtained electronically from the Pennsylvania State Police website. Effective July 25, 2015, school volunteers will no longer be charged a fee for this report. To obtain the free report, you must indicate the Reason for Request as Volunteer. This clearance can be completed online and results can be printed immediately.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
The Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance application can be submitted online. Once you enter the link below, you will be directed to the Child Welfare Portal where you must create an account or login if you already have an account. Once you complete the application, you will be able to obtain your results immediately and be able to print. Currently, the cost for volunteers to have the Child Abuse History Clearance is Free.
FBI Federal Criminal History Report
The following procedure is to be used to obtain the fingerprint-based FBI Federal Criminal History Record Report:
- The volunteer must register online at any time at www.pa.cogentid.com or by phone at 1-888-439-2486 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm) before going to the fingerprint site, indicating that this service is being requested for reporting to the PA Department of Education.
- The fee for the fingerprint and electronic report services is $27.00. Payment is made at time of registration using a credit card or debit card.
- The nearest fingerprint sites can be found: FBI Fingerprint Locations
- The volunteer presents the Registration ID Number and a qualified State or Federal photo ID at the fingerprint site, after which all ten fingers are scanned electronically.
- After the fingerprinting has been completed, the volunteer must contact Mrs. Janice McDevitt in the GES Office (or by email: email@example.com) to report his/her Registration ID number.
- The Federal Criminal History Record is then available electronically to the School District within 48 hours. An unofficial copy of the report will be mailed directly to the applicant.
The Boyertown School District is pleased to add a new layer of security to our school. It is called the Raptor System. Each visitor that walks through the doors at GES will be asked to provide their driver's license. It will be scanned and immediately returned. A special ID badge will be printed for you to wear during your visit to GES.